Part-time Bachelor Accounting and Finance (The Hague)
- Total time
- At location
- Starting date and place
Starting dates and places
placeDen Haag28 Sep 2021 until 31 Jul 2024
placeDen Haag9 Nov 2021 until 31 Jul 2024
placeDen Haag14 Dec 2021 until 31 Jul 2024
placeDen Haag1 Feb 2022 until 31 Jul 2024
placeDen Haag15 Mar 2022 until 31 Jul 2024
placeDen Haag19 Apr 2022 until 31 Jul 2024
placeDen Haag7 Jun 2022 until 31 Jul 2024
Wilt u de opleidingsinformatie (brochure) per post ontvangen, geeft u dit dan bij opmerkingen aan.
Do you strive to understand the world of finance? Are you interested in potential future career paths in accounting, finance or management?. A Bachelor in Accounting and Finance can then give the best start. The program provides insight into the essence of both disciplines and helps you choose in which direction to specialize further during the master. Within any business, a solid understanding of budgeting and financial administration is required. So register for the full-time Bachelor Accounting and Finance at Kronenburgh International Business School in The Hague (The Netherlands). You will be trained to become a versatile Finance manager / business consultant and you will build a solid f…
Frequently asked questions
Wilt u de opleidingsinformatie (brochure) per post ontvangen, geeft u dit dan bij opmerkingen aan.
Do you strive to understand the world of finance? Are you interested in potential future career paths in accounting, finance or management?. A Bachelor in Accounting and Finance can then give the best start. The program provides insight into the essence of both disciplines and helps you choose in which direction to specialize further during the master. Within any business, a solid understanding of budgeting and financial administration is required. So register for the full-time Bachelor Accounting and Finance at Kronenburgh International Business School in The Hague (The Netherlands). You will be trained to become a versatile Finance manager / business consultant and you will build a solid foundation.
- In the first year you will become acquainted with the important management areas: Business Environment, Marketing, Entrepreneurship, Management Accounting, Management Operations, Human Resources, Financial Accounting or Law. You will run a business project during the internship.
- In the second academic year you will specialize in Accounting and Finance. You will also run a research project during the internship.
- In the third academic year you will go deeper into the content or broaden it again. You will also do a graduation project during the internship.
The program is in English. Therefore the program is open for students from all countries of the European Union (EU).
The internationally recognized Bachelor’s program can be completed in 3 years. So this is a fast-track program.
During the program you will carry out various assignments and also during your internship.
It goes without saying that after obtaining your Bachelor, you can continue for your Master degree.
This part-time Accounting and Finance program focuses on the holistic development of the practical, interpersonal and thinking skills necessary to be successful in work and in higher education.
The program has been developed in collaboration with many employers. Employers are looking for recruits with a thorough grounding in the latest industry requirements and job-ready skills, such as teamwork.
Learners who progress to higher education need experience of research, extended writing and meeting deadlines. Our part time program addresses these needs.
What makes this program so special?
– Fast track part-time Bachelor program in three years;
– Each academic year is crowned with a certificate, diploma or degree;
– Average groups of 15 students;
– Positive and ambitious colleague students;
– Good balance theory and practice;
– Module work under direct supervision;
– Lecturers that also professionally work in practice;
– English spoken: the best preparation to access International University’s and international working enterprise’s;
– Open for students from all countries of the European Union (EU).
How does it work per unit?
We use Pearson’s digital teaching materials. In the morning the lecturer discusses the theory and we practice with smaller assignments (Think).
You will receive an ‘assignment’ for each unit that you will work out in the afternoon (Act). You show that you can apply the theory within a practical case. You also look for extra relevant theory / literature and you ensure a bibliography in your elaboration. You show that you can draw your own conclusions and formulate advice with a critical eye. You submit a concept and you receive feedback from the lecturer. Then you hand in the final version. There is also always a presentation part with the assignment. You have to finish the unit with a pass (better a merit or distinction).
We conclude each lecture day with an end-of-day test on the theory of the morning that you have already put into practice in the afternoon. In this way we stimulate you to really take in a piece of theory every week. You and the lecturer also receive feedback every day whether the theory has landed properly or whether some repetition or additional explanation is needed.
At the end of the module there will be another final theory test. The whole of the day tests and the final test must be concluded with a pass. In this way we build up the ready knowledge that is needed to function well within the business community and to make a difference.
The Kronenburgh Accounting and Finance program is a three years, part-time program. The program is build on the UK (United Kingdom) higher education qualification system:
- first year: BTEC Level 4 Higher National Certificate in Business
- second year: BTEC Level 5 Higher National Diploma in Business
- third year: University TOP-up program: Bachelor degree (Hons)
So every year is redeemed with a certificate, diploma or a degree.
Frist year: Level 4 Higher National Certificate in Business
The Level 4 Higher National Certificate in Business offers students a broad introduction to the subject area ‘ Business’. Students will gain a wide range of sector knowledge tied to practical skills gained in research, self-study, directed study and workplace scenarios. Graduates successfully completing the Higher National Certificate will be able to demonstrate a sound knowledge of the basic concepts of business. They will be able to communicate accurately and appropriately and they will have the qualities needed for employment that requires some degree of personal responsibility. They will have developed a range of transferable skills to ensure effective team working, independent initiatives, organisational competence and problem-solving strategies.
They will be adaptable and flexible in their approach to business, show resilience under pressure, and meet challenging targets within a given resource.
BTEC Level 4 units / modules
- Business and the Business Environment
- Marketing Processes and Planning
- Human Resource Management
- Leadership and Management
- Accounting principles
- Entrepreneurial Ventures
- Operations management
- Financial Accounting
- Managing a Successful Business Project
Optional: IELTS English.
Second year: Level 5 Higher National Diploma in Business
Holders of the Level 5 Higher National Diploma will have developed a sound understanding of the principles in their field of study and will have learned to apply those principles more widely. They will have learned to evaluate the appropriateness of different approaches to solving problems. They will be able to perform effectively in their chosen field and will have the qualities necessary for employment in situations requiring the exercise of personal responsibility and decision-making. The program is aiming students to be professional, self-reflecting individuals able to meet the demands of employers in the business sector and adapt to a constantly changing world. More information: www.highernationals.com.
BTEC level 5 units / modules
- Business Strategy
- Organisational Behaviour
- Financial Management
- Financial Reporting
- Management Accounting
- Internship: Research Project
Optional: IELTS English
Third year: University TOP-up program: Bachelor (Hons)
The next step is the TOP-up program. Kronenburgh offers this program as part-time blended learning. This means you can work online and also participate in lectures and group coaching.
The advantage of the part-time program is that you can work at a company (income) while you complete your final year. Read more about our part-time TOP-up program.
The level 6 Top-up units / modules are:
- Research Methodology
- Financial Theory
- International Finance Management
- Management Accounting for Business Decisions
- Corporate Reporting andAnalysis
- Intercultural Communication Skills for Accounting and Finance
- Project Dissertation
It is also possible to study full-time at a university that offers a TOP-up program in, for example, England. The Level 5 Higher National Diploma is recognized by higher education providers as meeting the entry requirements for many undergraduate programs such as Business Studies. Please note: university admission requirements are subject to change. So always check the admission requirements for programs with specific higher education providers.
The admission requirements are:
– Dutch system: MBO4, HAVO, VWO diploma;
– International System:
- A BTEC Level 3 qualification in Business;
- A GCE Advanced Level profile that demonstrates strong performance in a relevant subject or adequate performance in more than one GCE subject. This profile is likely to be supported by GCSE grades at A* to C (or equivalent and/or 9 to 4 (or equivalent) in subjects such as maths and English;
- Other related UK Level 3 qualifications;
- European Qualifications Framework for Lifelong learning (EQF): level 4 EQF;
- An international equivalent of the above.
In order for students to be successful on the Kronenburgh International Business Program were students are both taught and assessed in English, it is critical that they have an appropriate level of English language skills.
Students who are non-native English speakers and who have not undertaken their final two years of schooling in English, can demonstrate capability in English at a standard equivalent to the levels identified below:
- Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR) level B1 with good marks (we prefer B2)
- PTE 51
- IELTS 5.5; Reading and Writing must be at 5.5
- or equivalent.
If the student is not at the B2 level, there is the opportunity to access a course at the Kronenburgh Language College in The Hague, see www.lc-kronenburgh.nl. This can also be done during the first year.
Some aspects of business e.g. accounting and finance require maths skills and we strongly recommend all students:
- Dutch education system: Wiskunde en Economie in het vakkenpakket bij havo-ers en vwo-ers. Bij MBO-ers moet Wiskunde en Economie op de mavo in het vakkenpakket hebben gezeten. Verder het landelijke of instellingexamen Reken met positief resultaat hebben afgesloten op 3F.
- International Education system: an A* to C grade GCSE Maths and/or 9 to 4 in GCSE Maths, prior to starting the course.
Kronenburgh IBS 21+ test
Do you not meet the admission criteria, but do you think you can still meet the level of the program? Then take the Kronenburgh IBS 21+ test.
At Kronenburgh we focus on the BTEC International Business Management path. The Ofqual Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF) Qualification numbers are:
- Pearson BTEC Level 4 Higher National Certificate in Business: 601/8364/0
- Pearson BTEC Level 5 Higher National Diploma in Business: 601/8365/2
The awarding institution is: Pearson Education Ltd. the UK’s largest awarding body offering academic and vocational qualifications that are globally recognised and benchmarked. Pearson is the world’s leading learning company.
You can take the third academic year, the TOP-up year, at a university abroad or part-time at Kronenburgh International Business School.
BTEC works with a portfolio build-up. You complete an assignment for each unit and you must meet the additional educational requirements. All positively completed assignments add up to the total portfolio that will be assessed to determine if you have earned enough credits to qualify for a certificate / diploma / degree. The last TOP-up part-time academic year at Kronenburgh also works with the portfolio structure as described above.
If you are doing the TOP-up year at a university abroad, the requirements of that specific university apply to obtain your bachelor’s degree.
After completing the TOP-up Bachelor program students can progress directly into employment. You can also select a master study like for example:
- ACCA Accounting MSc
- Economics and Finance MSc
- Human Resource Management MSc
- Logistics and Supply Chain Management MSc
- Management MSc
- Marketing MSc
Dutch education system: je kunt kiezen voor een HBO of een Universitaire master.
You should be aware that university admission criteria is always subject to change and understand the course entry requirements for subject, year and grade before applying. So always check the entry requirements for degree programmes at specific Higher Education providers.